As part of the celebration, flowers and plants decorate our homes, each of which brings its own symbolism and luck for the new year. Here are a few ideas.
- Live Blooming Plants: a symbol of regeneration and new growth. A plant that blooms on New Year's Day foretells a year of prosperity and is supposed to bring luck.
- Flowers: represent wealth and high positions in one's profession
- Azaleas: symbolizes harmony and smoothness of flow in life
- Chrsanthemum: symbolizes perfection, optimism, and joy
- Jade Plant: symbolizes prosperity, continuous growth, wealth, and fortune
- Oranges and Mandarins: their shape and color symbolize the sun, and connect with the yang principle, which represents the positive element and generative force in nature. Oranges are considered auspicious fruits and important symbols for the New Year.
- Kumquats: bring good fortune and wealth
- Lucky Bamboo: brings happiness, wealth, and longevity, the ingredients of a happy life
- Pine: symbol of nobility, venerability, and often longevity
- Money Tree: brings good luck and great fortune
To all of our friends who celebrate Chinese New Year, wishing you happiness and luck in the Year of the Tiger.
Barbara Abe, Realtor